- Forum >
- Basement & Foundation >
- Bought a house with floor jacks. Floors above jacks are buldging, what now?
Bought a house with floor jacks. Floors above jacks are buldging, what now?
The fact that it has a support post (I assume you mean an adjustable lolly collumn when you say Jack) means that this beam needs support there. Removing it would be more dangerous than leaving it. That would likely cause or encourage a failure.
You need to know why that bulge is there above it. Eigther they simply jacked up too high or the perimeeter walls and foundation have settled. The latter may also require some attention.
I will assume that they simply jacked too high. All you need to do to correct that is to thread it down lower. If there is any reason to completely unload it temporariily, be sure to cut a wood post first to catch the weight at the right height and doesn't colapse under the load from above.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!