Thank you for your advice.
Walls can be poured in temps down to about 20°F without too much trouble. The crete should be air-entrained. He may also call for some amt of calcium added to the mix which creates more heat when in contact with the moisture. They are also likely to mix with hot water.
Concrete makes heat as a byproduct of the chemical reaction. That and covering it with a wrap overnite help protect it. The idea is to keep frost crystals from forming before the setting action gets going fairly well.
The curing process continues indefinitely. In summer, nearly max strength is acheived in thirty days, with close to 90% in only three days to a week. It is a little slower in winter.
There are other more expensive additives to allow for colder winter pours but these are not likely practical for a normal sized home.
You mentioned an archy. He should be able to help you understand all this and communicate with the contractor on specs. That is what archies are for.
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
Im fixing a hole...
Wood squares nailed into slab
familiar with the RamJack System?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!