Thank you for your advice.
Walls can be poured in temps down to about 20°F without too much trouble. The crete should be air-entrained. He may also call for some amt of calcium added to the mix which creates more heat when in contact with the moisture. They are also likely to mix with hot water.
Concrete makes heat as a byproduct of the chemical reaction. That and covering it with a wrap overnite help protect it. The idea is to keep frost crystals from forming before the setting action gets going fairly well.
The curing process continues indefinitely. In summer, nearly max strength is acheived in thirty days, with close to 90% in only three days to a week. It is a little slower in winter.
There are other more expensive additives to allow for colder winter pours but these are not likely practical for a normal sized home.
You mentioned an archy. He should be able to help you understand all this and communicate with the contractor on specs. That is what archies are for.
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
Im fixing a hole...
Wood squares nailed into slab
familiar with the RamJack System?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!