Thank you for your advice.
Walls can be poured in temps down to about 20°F without too much trouble. The crete should be air-entrained. He may also call for some amt of calcium added to the mix which creates more heat when in contact with the moisture. They are also likely to mix with hot water.
Concrete makes heat as a byproduct of the chemical reaction. That and covering it with a wrap overnite help protect it. The idea is to keep frost crystals from forming before the setting action gets going fairly well.
The curing process continues indefinitely. In summer, nearly max strength is acheived in thirty days, with close to 90% in only three days to a week. It is a little slower in winter.
There are other more expensive additives to allow for colder winter pours but these are not likely practical for a normal sized home.
You mentioned an archy. He should be able to help you understand all this and communicate with the contractor on specs. That is what archies are for.
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
Im fixing a hole...
Wood squares nailed into slab
familiar with the RamJack System?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs