Thank you for your advice.
Walls can be poured in temps down to about 20°F without too much trouble. The crete should be air-entrained. He may also call for some amt of calcium added to the mix which creates more heat when in contact with the moisture. They are also likely to mix with hot water.
Concrete makes heat as a byproduct of the chemical reaction. That and covering it with a wrap overnite help protect it. The idea is to keep frost crystals from forming before the setting action gets going fairly well.
The curing process continues indefinitely. In summer, nearly max strength is acheived in thirty days, with close to 90% in only three days to a week. It is a little slower in winter.
There are other more expensive additives to allow for colder winter pours but these are not likely practical for a normal sized home.
You mentioned an archy. He should be able to help you understand all this and communicate with the contractor on specs. That is what archies are for.
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
Im fixing a hole...
Wood squares nailed into slab
familiar with the RamJack System?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps