How do you remove Pet Odor/Stains from Cement floor?
Stains in concrete are difficult to remove as you may find from previous posts.For pet odors,most vets have products which I have heard work wonders but have no first hand knowledge.I can tell you that working in elderly housing,we often run into a similar situation.When carpet adhesive is applied and the new rug goes down,there is no more odor.
Matches is right. Concrete is a pourous material so it pretty-much can absorbe a good bit of any liquid that's left to 'sit' on it over time.
You could mix a solution of 4 to 1 (water to bleach) and 'paint' it on. Just be sure to keep it wet so the bleach gets a chance to work itself into the concrete. Cover the area with a good-sized sheet of plastic while it's doing its thing. This way, it won't evaporate so quickly. Then, at some point, you need to give up and just go ahead and lay your new floor. You could consider sealing that area after it dries. Visit your local Paint Retailer (found in the YELLOW PAGES under PAINT - RETAIL) for a sealer. Just tell them what you're interested in doing so they give you the 'right stuff'.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps