How do you remove Pet Odor/Stains from Cement floor?
Stains in concrete are difficult to remove as you may find from previous posts.For pet odors,most vets have products which I have heard work wonders but have no first hand knowledge.I can tell you that working in elderly housing,we often run into a similar situation.When carpet adhesive is applied and the new rug goes down,there is no more odor.
Matches is right. Concrete is a pourous material so it pretty-much can absorbe a good bit of any liquid that's left to 'sit' on it over time.
You could mix a solution of 4 to 1 (water to bleach) and 'paint' it on. Just be sure to keep it wet so the bleach gets a chance to work itself into the concrete. Cover the area with a good-sized sheet of plastic while it's doing its thing. This way, it won't evaporate so quickly. Then, at some point, you need to give up and just go ahead and lay your new floor. You could consider sealing that area after it dries. Visit your local Paint Retailer (found in the YELLOW PAGES under PAINT - RETAIL) for a sealer. Just tell them what you're interested in doing so they give you the 'right stuff'.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets