How do you remove Pet Odor/Stains from Cement floor?
Stains in concrete are difficult to remove as you may find from previous posts.For pet odors,most vets have products which I have heard work wonders but have no first hand knowledge.I can tell you that working in elderly housing,we often run into a similar situation.When carpet adhesive is applied and the new rug goes down,there is no more odor.
Matches is right. Concrete is a pourous material so it pretty-much can absorbe a good bit of any liquid that's left to 'sit' on it over time.
You could mix a solution of 4 to 1 (water to bleach) and 'paint' it on. Just be sure to keep it wet so the bleach gets a chance to work itself into the concrete. Cover the area with a good-sized sheet of plastic while it's doing its thing. This way, it won't evaporate so quickly. Then, at some point, you need to give up and just go ahead and lay your new floor. You could consider sealing that area after it dries. Visit your local Paint Retailer (found in the YELLOW PAGES under PAINT - RETAIL) for a sealer. Just tell them what you're interested in doing so they give you the 'right stuff'.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes