How do you remove Pet Odor/Stains from Cement floor?
Stains in concrete are difficult to remove as you may find from previous posts.For pet odors,most vets have products which I have heard work wonders but have no first hand knowledge.I can tell you that working in elderly housing,we often run into a similar situation.When carpet adhesive is applied and the new rug goes down,there is no more odor.
Matches is right. Concrete is a pourous material so it pretty-much can absorbe a good bit of any liquid that's left to 'sit' on it over time.
You could mix a solution of 4 to 1 (water to bleach) and 'paint' it on. Just be sure to keep it wet so the bleach gets a chance to work itself into the concrete. Cover the area with a good-sized sheet of plastic while it's doing its thing. This way, it won't evaporate so quickly. Then, at some point, you need to give up and just go ahead and lay your new floor. You could consider sealing that area after it dries. Visit your local Paint Retailer (found in the YELLOW PAGES under PAINT - RETAIL) for a sealer. Just tell them what you're interested in doing so they give you the 'right stuff'.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!