Just moved into our new construction (1st house :) ) and had about 2 1/2 pallets of bricks leftover. I plan to use these bricks to construct a small (two brick high) raised flowerbed that fills the gap between the house and walkway. Space is approximately 3 feet wide by 50 feet long. Have several questions:
1. Can I pour the concrete foundation directly against the foundation of the walkway or do I need to place some type of barrier in between the walkway slab and what I pour?
2. Since the current bed is already set for drainage, do I need to do anything else since all I am doing is raising the overall height of the bed by about 4 inches?
3. Is any additional insulation/protection needed for the house brick and the flower bed? There is nothing currently and the is area should not be increased as the whole flower bed has sloped mulch.
Thanks for the time and input in advance.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes