My husband and I are remodeling our small kitchen. We have added more counter and cabinet space. I am having a difficult time deciding on how to decorate it when all the cabinets and tile are installed. We choose a light oak cabnet and the tile is a sandy brown. I love counrty colors like mauve, blue, and sage green. I want to do do something unique, but still be able to find assessories. I thought about including bird houses into the design but I am not having any luck finding pictures and kithen supplies that have bird houses. Any ideas of other unique country kitchen themes?
It seems to me that the popular thing now is spotted cows. Also pigs. But if you don't want to date your kitchen, you can always go with some type of checkerboard pattern in your choice of colors.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!