My husband and I are remodeling our small kitchen. We have added more counter and cabinet space. I am having a difficult time deciding on how to decorate it when all the cabinets and tile are installed. We choose a light oak cabnet and the tile is a sandy brown. I love counrty colors like mauve, blue, and sage green. I want to do do something unique, but still be able to find assessories. I thought about including bird houses into the design but I am not having any luck finding pictures and kithen supplies that have bird houses. Any ideas of other unique country kitchen themes?
It seems to me that the popular thing now is spotted cows. Also pigs. But if you don't want to date your kitchen, you can always go with some type of checkerboard pattern in your choice of colors.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight