I'm specing a kitchen remodel - new cabinets and counter tops.
The number of cabinets seems to dictate a "good quality" prefab, but I'm a little more confused on the counter top.
I used Swanstone in the master bath, but the sinks turned out to be very expensive.
Someone suggested Hi-Mac acrylic, which is reasonably priced, but I don't think acrylics are that heat resistant. Engineered stone (same thing as "Quartz"?) looks tougher but is more expensive.
Don't even suggest laminate. I'll be selling this place in 3-4 years. The kitchen needs to sell, too...
we're talking about 26 linear feet (~52 sq. ft.) of counter top.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING