I'm specing a kitchen remodel - new cabinets and counter tops.
The number of cabinets seems to dictate a "good quality" prefab, but I'm a little more confused on the counter top.
I used Swanstone in the master bath, but the sinks turned out to be very expensive.
Someone suggested Hi-Mac acrylic, which is reasonably priced, but I don't think acrylics are that heat resistant. Engineered stone (same thing as "Quartz"?) looks tougher but is more expensive.
Don't even suggest laminate. I'll be selling this place in 3-4 years. The kitchen needs to sell, too...
we're talking about 26 linear feet (~52 sq. ft.) of counter top.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!