I'm specing a kitchen remodel - new cabinets and counter tops.
The number of cabinets seems to dictate a "good quality" prefab, but I'm a little more confused on the counter top.
I used Swanstone in the master bath, but the sinks turned out to be very expensive.
Someone suggested Hi-Mac acrylic, which is reasonably priced, but I don't think acrylics are that heat resistant. Engineered stone (same thing as "Quartz"?) looks tougher but is more expensive.
Don't even suggest laminate. I'll be selling this place in 3-4 years. The kitchen needs to sell, too...
we're talking about 26 linear feet (~52 sq. ft.) of counter top.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects