I'm specing a kitchen remodel - new cabinets and counter tops.
The number of cabinets seems to dictate a "good quality" prefab, but I'm a little more confused on the counter top.
I used Swanstone in the master bath, but the sinks turned out to be very expensive.
Someone suggested Hi-Mac acrylic, which is reasonably priced, but I don't think acrylics are that heat resistant. Engineered stone (same thing as "Quartz"?) looks tougher but is more expensive.
Don't even suggest laminate. I'll be selling this place in 3-4 years. The kitchen needs to sell, too...
we're talking about 26 linear feet (~52 sq. ft.) of counter top.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers