I recently was given a friends old Craftsman Eager-1 6.5 mower that she admits doesn't work but if I like to tinker I could have it. I just moved into a house, needed a mower and figured what the heck, Craftsman is a good name. Well I Google the model number as well as looked on the ***** website, and it this particular model come up nowhere.
After some searching on various forums there seems to be an issue with the availabilty of parts? and a touchy engine. Just wondering if this is going to be more trouble than it is worth and I should just start out the house with a new mower.
I went to a local lawn mower shop and got the frown on fixin it. It is the Craftsman Eager-1 (year?) the deck has a model #917 376340 the engine has a engine# 143966500 yet the 'engine family' is left blank therefore I couldn't tell the fixit guy whether it was a Tecumse or Briggs. Need basically a pull cord, filters just to see if it works. Any feedback would be appreciated, the new lawn is gettin a bit outta hand :).
your mower has a Tecumse engine. both the owners manual and the starter assembly are available form the S ears parts store. You can also use a length of cotton clothsline to replace the pull rope.
the cord is attached, it just doesn't recoil when pulled. The thing was when I entered the model number on the S Ears website as well as C rafts Man web site, the model number doesn't bring up any info. Thanks for the ID on the engine though. I'll head over to the store fri and see what they have.
When I went to S ears website and entered your model number with the period 917.376340 it immediately recognized the model number and gave me three separate parts lists. I worked at S ears service long ago and just happened to know that's the format of their model numbers. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps