I recently was given a friends old Craftsman Eager-1 6.5 mower that she admits doesn't work but if I like to tinker I could have it. I just moved into a house, needed a mower and figured what the heck, Craftsman is a good name. Well I Google the model number as well as looked on the ***** website, and it this particular model come up nowhere.
After some searching on various forums there seems to be an issue with the availabilty of parts? and a touchy engine. Just wondering if this is going to be more trouble than it is worth and I should just start out the house with a new mower.
I went to a local lawn mower shop and got the frown on fixin it. It is the Craftsman Eager-1 (year?) the deck has a model #917 376340 the engine has a engine# 143966500 yet the 'engine family' is left blank therefore I couldn't tell the fixit guy whether it was a Tecumse or Briggs. Need basically a pull cord, filters just to see if it works. Any feedback would be appreciated, the new lawn is gettin a bit outta hand :).
your mower has a Tecumse engine. both the owners manual and the starter assembly are available form the S ears parts store. You can also use a length of cotton clothsline to replace the pull rope.
the cord is attached, it just doesn't recoil when pulled. The thing was when I entered the model number on the S Ears website as well as C rafts Man web site, the model number doesn't bring up any info. Thanks for the ID on the engine though. I'll head over to the store fri and see what they have.
When I went to S ears website and entered your model number with the period 917.376340 it immediately recognized the model number and gave me three separate parts lists. I worked at S ears service long ago and just happened to know that's the format of their model numbers. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers