I am in the process of planning a total bathroom redo. Does anyone know of a source for old/refurbed high flow toilets.
They are a thing of the past and won't pass inspection in most areas. I just remodeled my 30year old bath room and am very happy with the American Standard Cadet that I installed. I beleive that it flushes better than the old one still in the Master bath (soon to be replaced). I found it to be a mid priced unit at about $100.00.
Since the advent of the 1.6 gravity flush systems, they've improved a great deal. Many have been redesigned to provide a larger diameter discharge pipe, others use a pressure system to provide air pressure along with the gravity pressure for flushing. The Pressure flush systems had a reputation for noisy-ness, but many are now better -- most actually use the same internals in the tanks. Most major brands have some of all. You could review them on the web and then go to some plumbing/bath showrooms and flush away.
abruce, the only places that I have seen a suply of older toilets is from homes that are replacing them. Most cities have their utility company sponser some sort of buyback plan for older toilets. I would suggest talking to the homeowners and offering them the same amount for the toilets or perhaps a bit more.
Leaking toilet tank
water flow thru main line 3/4 pex
Deposits in water lines
Source for cross-linked polyethylene vapor barrier?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes