I am in the process of planning a total bathroom redo. Does anyone know of a source for old/refurbed high flow toilets.
They are a thing of the past and won't pass inspection in most areas. I just remodeled my 30year old bath room and am very happy with the American Standard Cadet that I installed. I beleive that it flushes better than the old one still in the Master bath (soon to be replaced). I found it to be a mid priced unit at about $100.00.
Since the advent of the 1.6 gravity flush systems, they've improved a great deal. Many have been redesigned to provide a larger diameter discharge pipe, others use a pressure system to provide air pressure along with the gravity pressure for flushing. The Pressure flush systems had a reputation for noisy-ness, but many are now better -- most actually use the same internals in the tanks. Most major brands have some of all. You could review them on the web and then go to some plumbing/bath showrooms and flush away.
abruce, the only places that I have seen a suply of older toilets is from homes that are replacing them. Most cities have their utility company sponser some sort of buyback plan for older toilets. I would suggest talking to the homeowners and offering them the same amount for the toilets or perhaps a bit more.
Leaking toilet tank
water flow thru main line 3/4 pex
Deposits in water lines
Source for cross-linked polyethylene vapor barrier?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING