I am in the process of remodeling my hall bathroom. I will be replacing the original toilet (1966) with a low flow model. I was considering the American Standard Cadet model or a Kolher model. I asked some sales representative at HomeDepot about the better of the two and they say it was the Kolher. However, after speaking to them for a while, I do not have confidence in their opinions. What do you'll think? I like the look and price of the American Standard but do not want a toilet that must be flushed 2 - 3 times to do the job. Thanks for your response.
Nothing against Home Depot (or any other home improvement store) but you are best off hanging around a plumbing supply shop while plumbers are picking up supplies.Here are the people who know good stuff and whats junk.Two and three flushes are becoming more common.
I have just installed an American Standard Cadet and it flushes great. I replaced an American Standard cerca 1969, and can't wait till next year to do the other bath as it flushes better than the old high volume model
American Standard Cadet is one of the best on the market right now, but that is saying very little. Anyone with an old American Standard model is best advised to rebuild it with all American Standard parts and clean out the calcium from the blow hole (if possible). Nothing beats the old models if they are rebuilt and kept clean!
Best way to shorten the cord from a lamp
Which is the best composite decking material to use?
new concrete tile roof / nail? or glue?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda