I am in the process of remodeling my hall bathroom. I will be replacing the original toilet (1966) with a low flow model. I was considering the American Standard Cadet model or a Kolher model. I asked some sales representative at HomeDepot about the better of the two and they say it was the Kolher. However, after speaking to them for a while, I do not have confidence in their opinions. What do you'll think? I like the look and price of the American Standard but do not want a toilet that must be flushed 2 - 3 times to do the job. Thanks for your response.
Nothing against Home Depot (or any other home improvement store) but you are best off hanging around a plumbing supply shop while plumbers are picking up supplies.Here are the people who know good stuff and whats junk.Two and three flushes are becoming more common.
I have just installed an American Standard Cadet and it flushes great. I replaced an American Standard cerca 1969, and can't wait till next year to do the other bath as it flushes better than the old high volume model
American Standard Cadet is one of the best on the market right now, but that is saying very little. Anyone with an old American Standard model is best advised to rebuild it with all American Standard parts and clean out the calcium from the blow hole (if possible). Nothing beats the old models if they are rebuilt and kept clean!
Best way to shorten the cord from a lamp
Which is the best composite decking material to use?
new concrete tile roof / nail? or glue?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!