Sump pump help?
We moved into a 20 year old house in Nov 2002. The basement has two sump pumps and two pits, one for run off water the other for grey water. The strange thing is both pits are interconnected. We just had the run off pump replaced; the old one would not run at all. The grey water pump was cycling about every ¬Ω hour or so when it was the only one working. Now with the new pump installed it cycles on every minute, yes every 60 seconds. I called the company that installed it and they said that the float can not be adjusted. Would that be true? Next, it has been snowing and is a little wet in the area but can this be correct that the pump would cycle every minute. They did put a new check valve in so I don‚Äôt think the valve is leaking, plus I can hear it SLAM shut. I just don‚Äôt think it should be running that often. We did have the sellers provide a home warranty plan with the sale of the house, so if there is a problem I want to address it. I just don‚Äôt know what to think about it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!