I had an excavation guy put in some underground gallies and pipe my outside downspouts out to these gallies.
In the process he busted my incoming water main (city water), this was about 4 feet down, the hole filled with muddy/dirty water before the city turned the water off.
This guy did not tell me to turn off my mains, and then when it was back on, did not open up to an outside spigot and let it run out.
So now I have sediment running in the line because that water filled that muddy hole about the pipe before it got turned off. Since then I have been cleaning my faucet screens often, and that seems to help, but the pressure in the house definitely seems to be much lower than it used to be. Forget the shower heads, they have almost no pressure at all anymore, I am going to take them off and run those lines for about 15 minutes and put new heads in to see of that clears those out.
Is there anything that can be done after the sediment is already in the system?
Water sediment keeps ruining
black,greasy,floating sludge in hot water supply lines
white stuff inside water heater
Air in water system
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!