I had an excavation guy put in some underground gallies and pipe my outside downspouts out to these gallies.
In the process he busted my incoming water main (city water), this was about 4 feet down, the hole filled with muddy/dirty water before the city turned the water off.
This guy did not tell me to turn off my mains, and then when it was back on, did not open up to an outside spigot and let it run out.
So now I have sediment running in the line because that water filled that muddy hole about the pipe before it got turned off. Since then I have been cleaning my faucet screens often, and that seems to help, but the pressure in the house definitely seems to be much lower than it used to be. Forget the shower heads, they have almost no pressure at all anymore, I am going to take them off and run those lines for about 15 minutes and put new heads in to see of that clears those out.
Is there anything that can be done after the sediment is already in the system?
Water sediment keeps ruining
black,greasy,floating sludge in hot water supply lines
white stuff inside water heater
Air in water system
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes