I had an excavation guy put in some underground gallies and pipe my outside downspouts out to these gallies.
In the process he busted my incoming water main (city water), this was about 4 feet down, the hole filled with muddy/dirty water before the city turned the water off.
This guy did not tell me to turn off my mains, and then when it was back on, did not open up to an outside spigot and let it run out.
So now I have sediment running in the line because that water filled that muddy hole about the pipe before it got turned off. Since then I have been cleaning my faucet screens often, and that seems to help, but the pressure in the house definitely seems to be much lower than it used to be. Forget the shower heads, they have almost no pressure at all anymore, I am going to take them off and run those lines for about 15 minutes and put new heads in to see of that clears those out.
Is there anything that can be done after the sediment is already in the system?
Water sediment keeps ruining
black,greasy,floating sludge in hot water supply lines
white stuff inside water heater
Air in water system
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!