I had an excavation guy put in some underground gallies and pipe my outside downspouts out to these gallies.
In the process he busted my incoming water main (city water), this was about 4 feet down, the hole filled with muddy/dirty water before the city turned the water off.
This guy did not tell me to turn off my mains, and then when it was back on, did not open up to an outside spigot and let it run out.
So now I have sediment running in the line because that water filled that muddy hole about the pipe before it got turned off. Since then I have been cleaning my faucet screens often, and that seems to help, but the pressure in the house definitely seems to be much lower than it used to be. Forget the shower heads, they have almost no pressure at all anymore, I am going to take them off and run those lines for about 15 minutes and put new heads in to see of that clears those out.
Is there anything that can be done after the sediment is already in the system?
Water sediment keeps ruining
black,greasy,floating sludge in hot water supply lines
white stuff inside water heater
Air in water system
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs