I need a round fluted column (5-7" diam) to support one corner of a kitchen island ledge. Not much weight bearing needed since it is a narrow ledge and supported well in the back.
I cannot find short (approx 35") columns of that type. All I find is floor to ceiling architectural columns.
Any suggestions or links ?
I was thinking of routing it myself for the fluted look but I cannot find a wood cylinder of that diameter. I find plywood cylinders but not suitable for routing.
I was also thinking in usinc PVC pipe. Can that be routed? I am painting it white.
I appreciate any help.....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!