Alot of people are telling me to use kilz and I can paint the floors after wards.. Then I have someone telling me no will not work.. The smell I have is the carpet was very old and the padding and the tile came up very easy.. So no dust under the tile. I have bleach the floors. And trying to figure out the easy way and the right way with out spending alot of money... I did use kilz in the bedrooms and its kills the odor of the old carpet. really dont think its the Black Mastic. We have carpet over that and no problems the rest of the house were painting the floor.. Any suggestions? Thanks
I just wanted to let anyone looking into this issue know about a product we used, it's called bean e doo. I know weird name, it's made of soy beans and it removes the black mastic keeping the asbestos non friable. I think you can search the product and watch videos of the process. We had great success removing the mastic from concrete slab. We're not sure what to do on the second floor though.
Good luck all.
Good luck all.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes