Alot of people are telling me to use kilz and I can paint the floors after wards.. Then I have someone telling me no will not work.. The smell I have is the carpet was very old and the padding and the tile came up very easy.. So no dust under the tile. I have bleach the floors. And trying to figure out the easy way and the right way with out spending alot of money... I did use kilz in the bedrooms and its kills the odor of the old carpet. really dont think its the Black Mastic. We have carpet over that and no problems the rest of the house were painting the floor.. Any suggestions? Thanks
I just wanted to let anyone looking into this issue know about a product we used, it's called bean e doo. I know weird name, it's made of soy beans and it removes the black mastic keeping the asbestos non friable. I think you can search the product and watch videos of the process. We had great success removing the mastic from concrete slab. We're not sure what to do on the second floor though.
Good luck all.
Good luck all.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!