I have a 2005 16x80, single-wide mobile home that was purchased and delivered 1 year ago. It has finished drywall throughout. Upon delivery, it had several drywall cracks throughout the home, mostly around the perimeter of the home (at doors and windows), but some have ocurred on center walls this past year. All cracks were repaired by the dealer, but re-cracked shorty after. This has happened four times! The manufacturer refuses to make any repairs unless they deem it to be a structural problem causing the cracks. They did send a contractor from the factory, and he stripped down four layers of mud and tape in one spot and repaired the break again. This spot cracked four weeks later. The factory is still refusing to make any repairs and the dealer has given up, which leaves me (the buyer)with the problem. Do you have any ideas of what may be causing these areas to keep cracking? Thanks.
Just as in sitebuilt homes certain walls (load bearing) will crack drywall in the same locations. Also if you sit on clay soil your home will move with every heavy rain shower you get. Also it's a good idea to have the home releveled after the first year. Sherman Williams sells a joint compound that is higher strength than the stuff a homedepot. If you are up to making the repairs yourself. All builders/manufactuers will not warranty drywall cracks. There comes a point (1yr the standard) where the home owner has to make the reapirs themselves.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!