I have a 2005 16x80, single-wide mobile home that was purchased and delivered 1 year ago. It has finished drywall throughout. Upon delivery, it had several drywall cracks throughout the home, mostly around the perimeter of the home (at doors and windows), but some have ocurred on center walls this past year. All cracks were repaired by the dealer, but re-cracked shorty after. This has happened four times! The manufacturer refuses to make any repairs unless they deem it to be a structural problem causing the cracks. They did send a contractor from the factory, and he stripped down four layers of mud and tape in one spot and repaired the break again. This spot cracked four weeks later. The factory is still refusing to make any repairs and the dealer has given up, which leaves me (the buyer)with the problem. Do you have any ideas of what may be causing these areas to keep cracking? Thanks.
Just as in sitebuilt homes certain walls (load bearing) will crack drywall in the same locations. Also if you sit on clay soil your home will move with every heavy rain shower you get. Also it's a good idea to have the home releveled after the first year. Sherman Williams sells a joint compound that is higher strength than the stuff a homedepot. If you are up to making the repairs yourself. All builders/manufactuers will not warranty drywall cracks. There comes a point (1yr the standard) where the home owner has to make the reapirs themselves.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes