Should I go with his proposal for a 4 ton, 10 SEER system or should I go for a 13SEER one?
4 ton is 4 ton. I don't care if you have a 10 seer or a 12 seer. Each ton of cooling,(12,000 btu/hr) requires 400cfm, air flow [cubic feet/minute] to utilize it's given value. 4x12= 48,000btu/hr : This 4 ton unit requires 1600 cfm. delivery from your blower. If the duct is too small, wether it's 10 or 12 seer you have problems.....
Since your duct work is in Q:? you need a trunk line of 20"x12" to accomendate 1600 cfm.......this is if the furnace is at one end of the house. split the diff. if in the middle with a "T" commong off the top.
It's hard to give you solid answers, but good luck.
10/12/13 SEER refers to the amount of electricity (vs) work peformed each unit can perform. Higher, the better....But get ready to spend the "Bucks". The national average of life expectancy of a given a/c unit is 12 to 16 year's. The diff between 10 and 1 2seer is about $1,000.00 give or take.....
Go with 10 seer.
Write back if you need help.
My mind can think alot faster that I can type...........[email protected]
[This message has been edited by HOLLYWOOD (edited March 17, 2000).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects