Under Tile Radiant heat for Bathroom?
A few months ago on one of the DYI shows, I saw a heating system for bathrooms without heating ducts. Putting it simply, it was like a giant heating pad that installed under the ceramic tile. Has anyone heard of such a product? If so, where can I find them, what are the called, etc. Any help would be Greatly appreciated.
They, or it is called Radiant floor heat. This requires a boiler amd specialized tubing to be run undernieth the floor boards. It's very nice, but can be costly even if you have a boiler.
Hollywood. Thank you for your reply. However, this is not what I saw. It was a flat pad. The only way I can describe it, is as a 6 foot by 6 foot 'heating' pad, just like the one you would use for your back. It was about 1/4 to 1/2" thick, and had and electrical connection. It provides radiant heat, but from an electrical source. It was presented as a new product, designed as an alternative for older houses without HVAC ducts in the room.
IN floor radiant heat
Radiant Heat - Electric or Hydronic for Heated Drive...
Is Radiant Heat Worth It?
Electric radiant heat
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!