furnace won't fire
If the nipple isn't clogged, pull off the hose completely and check it for obstructions. Also poke the nipple at the sensor. If that doesn't work, pull the combustion air duct off the top of the unit and make sure it's drafting. You should feel air turbulance at the duct opening. If it's not drafting, you probably have a bird's nest or leaves stuck in there.
If it's not the air sensor, then it may be something serious like the control module. Run the furnace and let it shut down of it's own accord, open up the combustion chamber on the bottom and check the LED code. It will probably be blinking, or perhaps have an error code. Check this against the troubleshooting guide in you owner's manual.
The unit will not run with the combustion chamber open, so you will have to put the access panel back in place to see if its working.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes