Hello I just had an accentra pellet insert installed in my home. And to say the least i'm very disapointed in its heat output. This is a 43000 btu per hour unit that is only putting out 220 degree air with all of the controls maxed out! (i can hold my hand in front of this without it burning me. this measurement was taken from where the air is first let out into the room only a 1/4 of an inch away. Harmon tech has told me this is around normal. I find this hard to believe. my home is 2100 sq feet and the stove will not heat above 62 degrees.
If anyone could let me know what they think about this please let me know. thank you
Do you know what your heatloss is on your house? How big is your furnace in BTU's? Do you have a furnace? I have a house as big as yours with cathedral ceilings and it runs full out to keep my house at 65 when it's 10 outside. You may need a little supplemental heat- I have a woodstove in the basement and electric baseboards throughout, in case I need them.
I have a harmon pellet stove about the same size as your unit. I have 2800 sq ft, and this is the only heat source I have. The first thing I would suggest is look at the quality of the pellet you are burning. Some type of pellets just will simply supply no heat source. The only type pellet that I use are Pennington solid oak hardwood pellets. also, if the air control and the heat control are not exactly adjusted correctly, you will not get heat properly. I never run my unit on high speed and is set very low on the thermostat
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight