My husband and I recently bought a condo and have noticed an odor in the air. I wouldn't describe it as being musty, but more of a sour/citrus scent but not in a good way. I don't remember this smell when we were looking at the condo. The air was off for a week but has been back on for a week and has not gotten any better. I put my nose close to one of the air vents and it seemed to me that is where the odor is coming from. Before shelling out $300 to get the air ducts and handler cleaned, could there be any other reason or solution for that matter? Please help!! I hate this smell!
I am having the same problem. It started at the end of last year. I had the heating/air conditioner guy out and he could not find a problem. He suggested I have my air ducts cleaned. I can't believe it would be something in the air ducts but decided I would do it this spring. Over the winter, however, I had no smell when my furnace was running. I can't understand why I would not have the same smell in the winter. I thought that it was gone but just put my air conditioner on last week and the smell is back again. Does anyone know what this could be? I don't know what I should do.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!