My husband and I recently bought a condo and have noticed an odor in the air. I wouldn't describe it as being musty, but more of a sour/citrus scent but not in a good way. I don't remember this smell when we were looking at the condo. The air was off for a week but has been back on for a week and has not gotten any better. I put my nose close to one of the air vents and it seemed to me that is where the odor is coming from. Before shelling out $300 to get the air ducts and handler cleaned, could there be any other reason or solution for that matter? Please help!! I hate this smell!
I am having the same problem. It started at the end of last year. I had the heating/air conditioner guy out and he could not find a problem. He suggested I have my air ducts cleaned. I can't believe it would be something in the air ducts but decided I would do it this spring. Over the winter, however, I had no smell when my furnace was running. I can't understand why I would not have the same smell in the winter. I thought that it was gone but just put my air conditioner on last week and the smell is back again. Does anyone know what this could be? I don't know what I should do.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes