We want to replace a standard tank water heater and our plumber recommended an indirect water heater. Does anyone have experience with what makes this a good/bad choice? We live in NJ, so our furnace is typically on during the winter months only.
Indirect tanks are great , another option is to use an electric tank and a plate heat exchanger and by using one side 120 volts of the tanks power through a 20 amp. 3 way switch to operate a cube relay the TT of boiler and the pumps can circulate water from bottom of electric tank to top of tank through heat exchanger, and boiler water through heat exchanger to heat the DHW . The elements switches are used to energize 120v coil of relay and thus control water tank temperature. The 3 way switch is used to direct power to cube relay for boiler DHW heating or using electric tank in normal mode of operation.
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water
Two Intermittant Heating Problems
Oil Burner Comparison
Indirect Water Heater install easy or not?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!