We want to replace a standard tank water heater and our plumber recommended an indirect water heater. Does anyone have experience with what makes this a good/bad choice? We live in NJ, so our furnace is typically on during the winter months only.
Indirect tanks are great , another option is to use an electric tank and a plate heat exchanger and by using one side 120 volts of the tanks power through a 20 amp. 3 way switch to operate a cube relay the TT of boiler and the pumps can circulate water from bottom of electric tank to top of tank through heat exchanger, and boiler water through heat exchanger to heat the DHW . The elements switches are used to energize 120v coil of relay and thus control water tank temperature. The 3 way switch is used to direct power to cube relay for boiler DHW heating or using electric tank in normal mode of operation.
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water
Two Intermittant Heating Problems
Oil Burner Comparison
Indirect Water Heater install easy or not?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes