I have a 40 yr. old Thatcher gas furnace that is very loud everytime it comes on to heat the house. It's loud enough that it wakes me up on the 2nd flr when noise rumbles through the forced air vents. I'm not in a position to replace it this winter. My ques. is how inefficient would it be to just keep the "fan on" at night on cold evenings with thermostat set at let's say 65 degrees vs. have it on "auto" where it recycles every half-hour or so? Is there a big difference with the thermostat set on auto vs. fan "on"? Thanks for any opinions on this....
it's not a gas explosion just a very old but still working furnace. the noise is just the motor (belts) kicking in. sort of sounds like a 757 airbus starting up....
Gas furnace install (cost???)
Furnace Exhaust Issue
Gas Furnace/Water Heater: Is Fresh Air Source Needed...
Gas Hot air efficiency degrades over time?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes