You didn't say what kind of plumbing you've installed. If it's plastic, there's no point in placing a ground on it.
Is there a grounding rod outside?
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited December 03, 2002).]
Yes, I have a grounding wire that is going outside. I am putting either PVC or copper plumbing back in.
Any copper plumbing you install should be bonded back to the bonded buss bar in the service or building disconnecting means. In order to serve as a grounding electrode for your home the clamp should be attached to an underground metal water pipe within five feet of were it enters your home. There must not be any plastic pipe or insulating fittings between the point of attachment and the underground piping. The best practice is to make the grounding connection on the supply side of the first control valve in the water line. Since no one is going to cut in to a pipe they can't shut off that prevents later plumbing work from leaving the home ungrounded.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!