I would like to add a home theater to my house as well as computer network wiring and audio wiring.
I don't trust wireless and it doesn't work very well for home theater or audio.
I don't have a basement or crawlspace and I don't want the ugly surface-mount stuff. Is WireTracks the way to go?
The wiretracks look interesting, but it is expensive, and of course, base is not continuous at doors and stairs. Can you access the attic? The easiest way is to route through the wall into the attic and drop wiring where ever you need it. I have wired in cable, phone and ethernet this way.
I don't have an attic, but it seems to me that once this installed, reaccess is a lot easier.
Here are a couple of articles about some ways that wiring can be added to existing structures
Junction Box question for recessed lights
Home automation with iPhone®: things you should know
small stubborn tree is against the fence!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them