We had a blown bulb in our kitchen, which I replaced. However, on flicking light switch ON, bulb blew and blue sparks flashed. Checked Fuse Board, and 5amp wire fuse had blown. Powered off ALL electrics at board, and removed fuse - Black scorching is in the fuse holder. Replaced 5Amp fuse wire, and powered electrics back on. Checked other 2 main lights downstairs but no joy. Replaced bulbs, but still nothing. Powered electrics OFF again, and checked original faulty light fitting - Looked OK, but as it had blown I replaced this with a new fitting (all cables appear intact). Tried lights again, but still no joy - Fuse is in place and new fuse wire is still OK.
Is there anything I can check before calling an electrian out?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries