Whatever happened to ingredient percentages on the paint can label? Is there a conspiracy among paint manufacturers to suppress this information?
Hasn't anyone beside me asked this question?
I've never worried about percentages. There are certain brands one can trust. I've used Sherwin-williams for years with no problems at all. I know pros use Porter Paints and Pratt and Lambert paints. These are more expensive than SW, so I stick with SW.
But the paints from a paint store, not a discount store.
Reading these forums I've learned that Wal-mart, K-mart, etc carry lesser quality paints. The designer paints they carry are often panned in these forums.
I'm partial to the Ralph Lauren Paints, sold at Home Depot. 1-800-379-POLO, option 2, will also locate other folks near you who carry the Ralph line.
Pratt & Lambert is excellent as well. I use the Accolade flat "one coat white" enamel on many jobs for great ceilings. Unless you get a contractors' discount on price, however, P&L will cost you much more than the Ralph Lauren line.
So, the short answer is that labels are worthless. Perhaps my professional experience can fill in the gap!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets