Whatever happened to ingredient percentages on the paint can label? Is there a conspiracy among paint manufacturers to suppress this information?
Hasn't anyone beside me asked this question?
I've never worried about percentages. There are certain brands one can trust. I've used Sherwin-williams for years with no problems at all. I know pros use Porter Paints and Pratt and Lambert paints. These are more expensive than SW, so I stick with SW.
But the paints from a paint store, not a discount store.
Reading these forums I've learned that Wal-mart, K-mart, etc carry lesser quality paints. The designer paints they carry are often panned in these forums.
I'm partial to the Ralph Lauren Paints, sold at Home Depot. 1-800-379-POLO, option 2, will also locate other folks near you who carry the Ralph line.
Pratt & Lambert is excellent as well. I use the Accolade flat "one coat white" enamel on many jobs for great ceilings. Unless you get a contractors' discount on price, however, P&L will cost you much more than the Ralph Lauren line.
So, the short answer is that labels are worthless. Perhaps my professional experience can fill in the gap!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes