Whatever happened to ingredient percentages on the paint can label? Is there a conspiracy among paint manufacturers to suppress this information?
Hasn't anyone beside me asked this question?
I've never worried about percentages. There are certain brands one can trust. I've used Sherwin-williams for years with no problems at all. I know pros use Porter Paints and Pratt and Lambert paints. These are more expensive than SW, so I stick with SW.
But the paints from a paint store, not a discount store.
Reading these forums I've learned that Wal-mart, K-mart, etc carry lesser quality paints. The designer paints they carry are often panned in these forums.
I'm partial to the Ralph Lauren Paints, sold at Home Depot. 1-800-379-POLO, option 2, will also locate other folks near you who carry the Ralph line.
Pratt & Lambert is excellent as well. I use the Accolade flat "one coat white" enamel on many jobs for great ceilings. Unless you get a contractors' discount on price, however, P&L will cost you much more than the Ralph Lauren line.
So, the short answer is that labels are worthless. Perhaps my professional experience can fill in the gap!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!