How can I safely remove latex paint from my automobile? A house was spray painted with latex paint and the over spray was carried by the wind and is all over my car.
You need to find out who painted that house and contact them so that they can have their insurance company take care of it.
A small amount you can use Goof-Off (home center).......Lots-o-paint: take the car to a detail shop and send the bill to the sloppy painter (as mentioned above)
Fortunately, airborne paint will have been partially dry when it hit your car (vs. a "direct hit", so to speak), so they shouldn't be too difficult to remove. A good buffing out by a detail shop would probably take care of it. I'd be careful with Goof Off--try it inside a door first to make sure it won't harm your car's paint. (Then paint specks would be the least of your problem!) But like everyone else said, find that painter!
-= N =-
-= N =-
I had a similar problem with my car, White Latex all over it. The paint had been on the surface for about 2 weeks. I tried to buff it with a mild rubbing compound didn't work. The best item I found was Mothers Detailing Clay. The stuff is amazing. With some elbow grease and 6 hrs of time I had all the paint off and a smooth finish too.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes