How can I safely remove latex paint from my automobile? A house was spray painted with latex paint and the over spray was carried by the wind and is all over my car.
You need to find out who painted that house and contact them so that they can have their insurance company take care of it.
A small amount you can use Goof-Off (home center).......Lots-o-paint: take the car to a detail shop and send the bill to the sloppy painter (as mentioned above)
Fortunately, airborne paint will have been partially dry when it hit your car (vs. a "direct hit", so to speak), so they shouldn't be too difficult to remove. A good buffing out by a detail shop would probably take care of it. I'd be careful with Goof Off--try it inside a door first to make sure it won't harm your car's paint. (Then paint specks would be the least of your problem!) But like everyone else said, find that painter!
-= N =-
-= N =-
I had a similar problem with my car, White Latex all over it. The paint had been on the surface for about 2 weeks. I tried to buff it with a mild rubbing compound didn't work. The best item I found was Mothers Detailing Clay. The stuff is amazing. With some elbow grease and 6 hrs of time I had all the paint off and a smooth finish too.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!