Three years ago, my 20 year latex painted ceilings (drywall in good condition) were repainted using two heavy coats of oil based paint. Shortly after drying, they have cracked, peeled and are falling down in large patches in every room. This is very frustrating-Does anyone have any knowledge why this is happening? What was done wrong? Thank you for any help!
To fix the problem, scrape as much of the area as you can. Don't get to aggresive cause you may be scraping the whole ceiling with popcorn paint!Just till it doesnt come or scrape off easily. After thats done, apply a LATEX primer,, and repaint in LATEX popcorn.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight