Three years ago, my 20 year latex painted ceilings (drywall in good condition) were repainted using two heavy coats of oil based paint. Shortly after drying, they have cracked, peeled and are falling down in large patches in every room. This is very frustrating-Does anyone have any knowledge why this is happening? What was done wrong? Thank you for any help!
To fix the problem, scrape as much of the area as you can. Don't get to aggresive cause you may be scraping the whole ceiling with popcorn paint!Just till it doesnt come or scrape off easily. After thats done, apply a LATEX primer,, and repaint in LATEX popcorn.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!