Three years ago, my 20 year latex painted ceilings (drywall in good condition) were repainted using two heavy coats of oil based paint. Shortly after drying, they have cracked, peeled and are falling down in large patches in every room. This is very frustrating-Does anyone have any knowledge why this is happening? What was done wrong? Thank you for any help!
To fix the problem, scrape as much of the area as you can. Don't get to aggresive cause you may be scraping the whole ceiling with popcorn paint!Just till it doesnt come or scrape off easily. After thats done, apply a LATEX primer,, and repaint in LATEX popcorn.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!