Recently, my stepfather and I fixed a portion of my ceiling that needed replaced. However, after he, the handyman, was gone, it was left to me to paint the ceiling, including the space where he had used to even it out with drywall joint compound. I painted the ceiling and it looked pretty good, but parts of the joint compounded area didn't look good enough in my opinion. So, I decided to prime the spot and paint over it. It looked worse, so the genuis that I am thought one more layer of primer and paint would make things better, Needless to say, I now have a spot on my ceiling that looks almost gray rather than white. What do I do? I tried sanding it, but it is hardly making a dent in it.
It sounds like the dark spot is either dip or a hump and that is what is making it look at different color. You need to skim it out with more drywall mud to get it even and then prime the entire ceiling with a latex drywall primer and finish it with a flat latex CEILING paint. Don't use a regular wall paint as it will have to much sheen and will show up the defects in ceiling.
How do you reattach the pipe to the kitchen sink?
expanding ceiling gap
ceiling in bathroom
gaps and holes in the wood floor - how can i fix it?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!