Recently, my stepfather and I fixed a portion of my ceiling that needed replaced. However, after he, the handyman, was gone, it was left to me to paint the ceiling, including the space where he had used to even it out with drywall joint compound. I painted the ceiling and it looked pretty good, but parts of the joint compounded area didn't look good enough in my opinion. So, I decided to prime the spot and paint over it. It looked worse, so the genuis that I am thought one more layer of primer and paint would make things better, Needless to say, I now have a spot on my ceiling that looks almost gray rather than white. What do I do? I tried sanding it, but it is hardly making a dent in it.
It sounds like the dark spot is either dip or a hump and that is what is making it look at different color. You need to skim it out with more drywall mud to get it even and then prime the entire ceiling with a latex drywall primer and finish it with a flat latex CEILING paint. Don't use a regular wall paint as it will have to much sheen and will show up the defects in ceiling.
How do you reattach the pipe to the kitchen sink?
expanding ceiling gap
ceiling in bathroom
gaps and holes in the wood floor - how can i fix it?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?