Recently, my stepfather and I fixed a portion of my ceiling that needed replaced. However, after he, the handyman, was gone, it was left to me to paint the ceiling, including the space where he had used to even it out with drywall joint compound. I painted the ceiling and it looked pretty good, but parts of the joint compounded area didn't look good enough in my opinion. So, I decided to prime the spot and paint over it. It looked worse, so the genuis that I am thought one more layer of primer and paint would make things better, Needless to say, I now have a spot on my ceiling that looks almost gray rather than white. What do I do? I tried sanding it, but it is hardly making a dent in it.
It sounds like the dark spot is either dip or a hump and that is what is making it look at different color. You need to skim it out with more drywall mud to get it even and then prime the entire ceiling with a latex drywall primer and finish it with a flat latex CEILING paint. Don't use a regular wall paint as it will have to much sheen and will show up the defects in ceiling.
How do you reattach the pipe to the kitchen sink?
expanding ceiling gap
ceiling in bathroom
gaps and holes in the wood floor - how can i fix it?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes