'Our' comments are the same. 'We' have had mixed results.
Since you're already 'familiar' with what some folks have said, it's time for you to 'decide' or weight the +/- of Pergo based on how you're gonna use the room, the sub-floor, above/below grade, cost, repairability, added value, and so on. Really, if your findings are mixed, that's pretty much the way it is w/Pergo.
Personally, (which you didn't ask), I'm not a Pergo fan, no matter what the 'situation'. I'll leave it at that.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
Installed Pergo floor...now closet doors dont fit!
Looking for a few boxes of Prodigy Amber Oak Pergo.
super glue on pergo floor
Need Pergo Preferred Brazilwood PR3006
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects