'Our' comments are the same. 'We' have had mixed results.
Since you're already 'familiar' with what some folks have said, it's time for you to 'decide' or weight the +/- of Pergo based on how you're gonna use the room, the sub-floor, above/below grade, cost, repairability, added value, and so on. Really, if your findings are mixed, that's pretty much the way it is w/Pergo.
Personally, (which you didn't ask), I'm not a Pergo fan, no matter what the 'situation'. I'll leave it at that.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
Installed Pergo floor...now closet doors dont fit!
Looking for a few boxes of Prodigy Amber Oak Pergo.
super glue on pergo floor
Need Pergo Preferred Brazilwood PR3006
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight