'Our' comments are the same. 'We' have had mixed results.
Since you're already 'familiar' with what some folks have said, it's time for you to 'decide' or weight the +/- of Pergo based on how you're gonna use the room, the sub-floor, above/below grade, cost, repairability, added value, and so on. Really, if your findings are mixed, that's pretty much the way it is w/Pergo.
Personally, (which you didn't ask), I'm not a Pergo fan, no matter what the 'situation'. I'll leave it at that.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
Installed Pergo floor...now closet doors dont fit!
Looking for a few boxes of Prodigy Amber Oak Pergo.
super glue on pergo floor
Need Pergo Preferred Brazilwood PR3006
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING