Vinyl or ceramic tile?
As for colors, this is a question of tastes and what I like might not be appreciated by others, etc. For complementing the carpet color, try to stay in the same hues. For instance, if you choose a dark brown carpet, try to choose tiles with brown or beige in them. If your carpet is green or blue, for instance, they now sell ceramic tiles in a variety of colors and you might find a green or blue tile that will match the carpet, but they tend to be more expensive because they are considered as "designer tiles". You could choose a neutral color like a light beige or light grey. Hope this helps!
Newbie to all type of floor options and I have quest...
which flooring would work best for me?
Ceramic Tile vs Wood Floor
Follow up to ceramic tile over oak floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!