Vinyl or ceramic tile?
As for colors, this is a question of tastes and what I like might not be appreciated by others, etc. For complementing the carpet color, try to stay in the same hues. For instance, if you choose a dark brown carpet, try to choose tiles with brown or beige in them. If your carpet is green or blue, for instance, they now sell ceramic tiles in a variety of colors and you might find a green or blue tile that will match the carpet, but they tend to be more expensive because they are considered as "designer tiles". You could choose a neutral color like a light beige or light grey. Hope this helps!
Newbie to all type of floor options and I have quest...
which flooring would work best for me?
Ceramic Tile vs Wood Floor
Follow up to ceramic tile over oak floor
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight