Vinyl or ceramic tile?
As for colors, this is a question of tastes and what I like might not be appreciated by others, etc. For complementing the carpet color, try to stay in the same hues. For instance, if you choose a dark brown carpet, try to choose tiles with brown or beige in them. If your carpet is green or blue, for instance, they now sell ceramic tiles in a variety of colors and you might find a green or blue tile that will match the carpet, but they tend to be more expensive because they are considered as "designer tiles". You could choose a neutral color like a light beige or light grey. Hope this helps!
Newbie to all type of floor options and I have quest...
which flooring would work best for me?
Ceramic Tile vs Wood Floor
Follow up to ceramic tile over oak floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!