pine flooring gaps
A long time ago the pine that was used was from virgin forests and much more stable than what is now available but they still suffered the same problem. I suggest that you do what they did. There is a product called Butcher wax for floors. It gives a nice warm amber glowing colour that compliments pine nicely. It will fill the cracks and buff out and harden up enough to stay put. It will also help slow the movement of moisture in the wood and decrease the movement it causes.
As it does swell again gradually in the summer, the wax will be squeezed out but normal foot traffic will wear it off so you will not notice it goingt off.
Then, it will be necessary to renew it again next winter.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!