I live in a condo and I am experiencing water leakageinto my garage. In fact we have the same problem in six to eight units.
The Association is looking for a viable solution to the problem and still
maintains the esthetics for the complex. Here is the problem; there are several units that have a concrete patio above their garage units. The patio was tiled with non-glazed terra cotta tile and they started to leak & flake after several years of use. The corrective measure on the first fix
was a spray on coat of what is referred to as a truck bed liner or rhino liner, colored to match the units. This was a pretty good fix and looks were not all that bad. Over time the liner began to loosen from the tile
and has since peeled, presenting the home owners with the same problem as before.
I am one of the effected home owners and I have taken on the responsibility
for finding a permanent fix that falls within the bounds of the annual
maintenance budget. One fix is to tear down to the base concrete, add a waterproof membrane, and re-tile with suitable outdoor tile. That seems to be the way the Association is leaning.
Epoxy grout or resurface seems to be suitable but I can not find a lot on it.
I need names of suitable products and would really like to find a contractor in the St. Louis area that would handle the job.
Any suggestion would be apreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs