I live in a condo and I am experiencing water leakageinto my garage. In fact we have the same problem in six to eight units.
The Association is looking for a viable solution to the problem and still
maintains the esthetics for the complex. Here is the problem; there are several units that have a concrete patio above their garage units. The patio was tiled with non-glazed terra cotta tile and they started to leak & flake after several years of use. The corrective measure on the first fix
was a spray on coat of what is referred to as a truck bed liner or rhino liner, colored to match the units. This was a pretty good fix and looks were not all that bad. Over time the liner began to loosen from the tile
and has since peeled, presenting the home owners with the same problem as before.
I am one of the effected home owners and I have taken on the responsibility
for finding a permanent fix that falls within the bounds of the annual
maintenance budget. One fix is to tear down to the base concrete, add a waterproof membrane, and re-tile with suitable outdoor tile. That seems to be the way the Association is leaning.
Epoxy grout or resurface seems to be suitable but I can not find a lot on it.
I need names of suitable products and would really like to find a contractor in the St. Louis area that would handle the job.
Any suggestion would be apreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!