I live in a condo and I am experiencing water leakageinto my garage. In fact we have the same problem in six to eight units.
The Association is looking for a viable solution to the problem and still
maintains the esthetics for the complex. Here is the problem; there are several units that have a concrete patio above their garage units. The patio was tiled with non-glazed terra cotta tile and they started to leak & flake after several years of use. The corrective measure on the first fix
was a spray on coat of what is referred to as a truck bed liner or rhino liner, colored to match the units. This was a pretty good fix and looks were not all that bad. Over time the liner began to loosen from the tile
and has since peeled, presenting the home owners with the same problem as before.
I am one of the effected home owners and I have taken on the responsibility
for finding a permanent fix that falls within the bounds of the annual
maintenance budget. One fix is to tear down to the base concrete, add a waterproof membrane, and re-tile with suitable outdoor tile. That seems to be the way the Association is leaning.
Epoxy grout or resurface seems to be suitable but I can not find a lot on it.
I need names of suitable products and would really like to find a contractor in the St. Louis area that would handle the job.
Any suggestion would be apreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes