I live in a condo and I am experiencing water leakageinto my garage. In fact we have the same problem in six to eight units.
The Association is looking for a viable solution to the problem and still
maintains the esthetics for the complex. Here is the problem; there are several units that have a concrete patio above their garage units. The patio was tiled with non-glazed terra cotta tile and they started to leak & flake after several years of use. The corrective measure on the first fix
was a spray on coat of what is referred to as a truck bed liner or rhino liner, colored to match the units. This was a pretty good fix and looks were not all that bad. Over time the liner began to loosen from the tile
and has since peeled, presenting the home owners with the same problem as before.
I am one of the effected home owners and I have taken on the responsibility
for finding a permanent fix that falls within the bounds of the annual
maintenance budget. One fix is to tear down to the base concrete, add a waterproof membrane, and re-tile with suitable outdoor tile. That seems to be the way the Association is leaning.
Epoxy grout or resurface seems to be suitable but I can not find a lot on it.
I need names of suitable products and would really like to find a contractor in the St. Louis area that would handle the job.
Any suggestion would be apreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!