I live in a condo and I am experiencing water leakageinto my garage. In fact we have the same problem in six to eight units.
The Association is looking for a viable solution to the problem and still
maintains the esthetics for the complex. Here is the problem; there are several units that have a concrete patio above their garage units. The patio was tiled with non-glazed terra cotta tile and they started to leak & flake after several years of use. The corrective measure on the first fix
was a spray on coat of what is referred to as a truck bed liner or rhino liner, colored to match the units. This was a pretty good fix and looks were not all that bad. Over time the liner began to loosen from the tile
and has since peeled, presenting the home owners with the same problem as before.
I am one of the effected home owners and I have taken on the responsibility
for finding a permanent fix that falls within the bounds of the annual
maintenance budget. One fix is to tear down to the base concrete, add a waterproof membrane, and re-tile with suitable outdoor tile. That seems to be the way the Association is leaning.
Epoxy grout or resurface seems to be suitable but I can not find a lot on it.
I need names of suitable products and would really like to find a contractor in the St. Louis area that would handle the job.
Any suggestion would be apreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects