Recently bought a home that has carpet in the eating area at garage entrance. The carpet stays in a mess and we are looking at putting hardwood down. The eating area runs right into the kitchen, which has laminate squares glued down. I would like to put the wood on the kitchen floor as well.
I have found a 5/16 Bruce product (all wood) that I like and will not cause a heighth problem with getting my dishwasher out. I don't want to raise my cabinets but have some cabinet ends that are wood, and go all the way to the floor. I would be puting down 1/4 round up to my baseboards and a new toekick under the cabintes. But what is the best way to deal with the cabinet sides and a beadboard.
Note: I am not putting tile down due to cost and height issues.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips