- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 1: Welcome to Brooklyn!
Architectural Plans for Warehouse Conversion
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 1, Part 2
Bob begins a project in Brooklyn, New York, in an area known as "DUMBO", or Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass. With beautiful downtown Manhattan in the background, Bob delivers a brief history of Brooklyn's waterfront area. Next, he joins his son, Chris Vila, who is manager of the project, to discuss what's in store. Slated for three floors of residential space, the building will reserve its ground floor for commercial use. Jared Della Valle and Andrew Bernheimer chat with Chris about possible floor plans, while Bob talks with Jacker Beyer, of Beyer Blinder Belle, about restoring the façade.
- Part 1: Welcome to Brooklyn!
- Part 2: Architectural Plans for Warehouse Conversion
- Inside the vandal- and age-damaged building, the warehouse rehabilitation will consist of converting each of the three upper floors into separate living spaces. On the ground level, commercial space will be created.
Chris Vila greets Della Valle and Bernheimer Design to discuss the plans for the second level's living space. The initial plan is for a contemporary design that highlights the better-preserved elements of the existing space.
- Part 3: Architects' Design for Warehouse Rehab
Bob Vila heads to the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, for this project involving an abandoned warehouse built in the mid-19th century. Bob's adaptive reuse will yield three ultra-hip apartments with commercial space at street level. Project manager is Bob's oldest son, Chris Vila, who helps guide this complete rehabilitation of a beat-up building in the city that never sleeps.
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN