Who doesn’t love the cheesy, saucy goodness of a warm, gooey pizza? Whether it’s a traditional Neapolitan or a custom pizza that breaks all the traditional rules, almost everyone has a favorite. And, for home pizza masters, there’s nothing better than the smell of a handmade (or frozen!) pie cooking in the oven. But, when the kitchen oven is full, or simply takes too long, what is one to do?
Get an electric pizza oven that fits on the counter, of course!
This guide will go over these wonderful pizza-making machines, highlighting everything you need to know before buying one. It will even highlight some of our favorite options, aiming to make the shopping process that much easier. Keep reading to learn a lot more about the best electric pizza ovens on the market.
- BEST OVERALL: Wisco Industries Model 421 Pizza Oven
- RUNNER-UP: PYY Countertop Indoor Electric Pizza Oven
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: Betty Crocker Countertop Pizza Maker
- UPGRADE PICK: Ooni Volt 12 Electric Pizza Oven
- BEST FOR EVEN COOKING: PYY Commercial Pizza Stove
- BEST EASE OF USE: Kratos 29M-004 Countertop Electric Pizza Oven
- BEST COMPACT: Hamilton Beach 31700 12-Inch Pizza Maker
- BEST FOR FAMILY: CuiZen PIZ-4012 Pizza Box Oven
- BEST DOUBLE OVEN: Crosson Commercial Double Deck Electric Pizza Oven
How We Chose the Best Electric Pizza Ovens
We love pizza, and we take it pretty seriously. While an electric pizza oven might not be the most traditional way to make a pizza, we know that not everyone has the space or time for an outdoor pizza oven. So, we set out to put together a list of the top electric pizza ovens on the market.
First, we came up with a list of the features we deemed important for an electric pizza oven. Once we knew what our readers needed, we performed extensive product research to come up with a list of pizza ovens we thought might fit the bill. We then compared them based on price, temperature, features, and more, just to ensure these ovens offered enough value. Those that didn’t were tossed aside, while those that did were given awards based on their strengths.
Our Top Picks
The following are some of the best electric pizza ovens on the market. Be sure to compare each carefully before choosing one that ticks all the pizza boxes.
The Wisco Industries 421 pizza oven is a great choice for many home pizza makers. This unit features a stainless steel exterior, measuring 7.75 inches tall by 18 inches wide by 15 inches deep. It weighs 19 pounds, allowing users to pick it up and put it on a shelf without much hassle. This is a good thing, as it is quite industrial looking and might not match in many kitchens.
The Wisco 421 has a 13-inch-wide opening that can make pizzas up to 12 inches in diameter. It has an LED display, which features a one-touch mode that turns the oven on for 10 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit automatically. However, you can adjust the timer and the temperature (up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit) if needed. It has a built-in pull-out tray, making it easy to launch a pizza or remove it.
- Pizza size: 12 inches
- Oven size: 7.75 inches tall by 18 inches wide by 15 inches deep
- Oven weight: 19 pounds
- Maximum temperature: 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Weighs just 19 pounds, so it’s easy to pick up and store away
- 1-touch adjustment turns the oven on for 10 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Built-in pull-out tray for easily placing a pizza in the oven and removing it
- Industrial look might not fit in with some kitchen styles
Get the Wisco Industries electric pizza oven at Amazon.
Those who want a little more heat from their electric pizza oven will want to check out this model from PYY. This electric pizza oven produces temperatures up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit, allowing it to cook pizzas at higher temperatures for shorter cook times. It also has a timer that can automatically shut the pizza oven off, adjustable for up to 60 minutes.
This electric pizza oven is relatively compact. It measures 7.5 inches tall by 17.9 inches wide by 14 inches deep, and it weighs just 20 pounds. The PYY countertop pizza oven can handle pizzas up to 12 inches in diameter and features a pull-out to make launching and removing pizzas a breeze. It doesn’t have an LED display, however, so the adjustable knobs are all users can go by unless they purchase an infrared thermometer.
- Pizza size: 12 inches
- Oven size: 7.5 inches tall by 17.9 inches wide by 14 inches deep
- Oven weight: Roughly 20 pounds
- Maximum temperature: 572 degrees Fahrenheit
- It has a high temperature setting of 572 degrees Fahrenheit, providing more heat than most ovens
- Compact design allows it to fit on counters easily, and it weighs just 20 pounds
- Built-in adjustable timer and temperature settings for different foods
- Doesn’t have a digital display so users will have to purchase an infrared thermometer if they want to be sure of the temperature
Get the PYY countertop electric pizza oven at Amazon.
Shoppers looking for a small and easy-to-use pizza oven might want to consider the Betty Crocker pizza maker. This electric pizza oven resembles a waffle iron in shape and design, with a clamshell appearance that fits the pizza inside. It measures 5 inches tall by 13.8 inches wide by 15.9 inches deep, making it compact enough to fit in the bottom drawer of a standard oven.
This pizza oven doesn’t have any settings or dials. While that does make it easy to use, it can make it hard to regulate the perfect temperature. However, all you have to do is plug it in and wait until the green light on the top of the oven indicates that it’s ready for use. When done (and the surface is cool), all that’s required to clean it is to wipe it out with a paper towel.
- Pizza size: 12 inches
- Oven size: 5 inches tall by 13.8 inches wide by 15.9 inches deep
- Oven weight: 5.5 pounds
- Maximum temperature: Unknown (self-regulating thermostat)
- Compact design that resembles the clamshell design of a waffle maker
- Just plug the oven in, wait for the indicator to turn green, and it’s ready for use
- Cleaning simply requires waiting for it to cool and wiping it with a paper towel
- No adjustable temperature settings or timers
Get the Betty Crocker electric pizza oven at Amazon or Walmart.
For the most authentic pizza-making experience, check out the Ooni Volt 12 electric pizza oven. This model heats to 850 degrees Fahrenheit. Allowing 20 minutes to preheat results in the ability to completely cook a Neapolitan-style pizza in 90 seconds. While it can only handle 12-inch pizzas, it can make them so quickly that keeping the family fed shouldn’t be a problem.
This upgraded oven measures 10.9 inches tall by 20.8 inches wide by 24.2 inches deep, and it weighs 39.2 pounds. While that’s not exactly compact or light, it does have an attractive look that could earn it an everyday spot on the counter. The body is made of carbon steel and high-quality stainless steel to make sure it lasts. It has an adjustable temperature, timer, and a top and bottom balance control that allows you to choose where the heat is coming from for perfectly cooked pizzas.
- Pizza size: 12 inches
- Oven size: 10.9 inches tall by 20.8 inches wide by 24.2 inches deep
- Oven weight: 39.2 pounds
- Maximum temperature: 850 degrees Fahrenheit
- Provides an authentic pizza-making experience with a maximum temperature of 850 degrees Fahrenheit
- It can cook a 12-inch pizza in roughly 90 seconds, making sure everyone can eat a hot slice
- Features a top and bottom balance control that allows the user to choose where the heat is coming from
- It’s slightly large and weighs 39.2 pounds, so it may be too much of an armful to take on and off the counter
Get the Ooni electric pizza oven at Amazon or Ooni.
PYY’s commercial pizza stove is a great choice for folks who want to customize their heat for the perfect crust and melted cheese combination. This PYY model has two heating elements, and each of them has its own temperature dial. Users can adjust them individually to create the perfect amount of balanced heat to fit their tastes.
The PYY pizza stove has a maximum temperature of 662 degrees Fahrenheit from each element, allowing it to cook pizza quickly and easily. It features a glass-viewing window to watch the pizza cook as well as a cool-touch handle for safety. Pizzas up to 14 inches in diameter fit in this electric oven that measures 10.8 inches tall by 22.4 inches wide by 20.8 inches deep. It might be too big for some counters, and it’s actually fairly heavy, so shoppers should keep that in mind.
- Pizza size: 14 inches
- Oven size: 10.8 inches tall by 22.4 inches wide by 20.8 inches deep
- Oven weight: Roughly 48.5 pounds
- Maximum temperature: 662 degrees Fahrenheit
- Features top and bottom heating elements that you can adjust for even cooking
- Maximum temperature of 662 degrees Fahrenheit allows it to cook pizzas quickly
- It can handle pizzas up to 14 inches wide so it can feed the whole family
- It’s pretty large and might be too heavy for some users to take on and off the counter
Get the PYY commercial electric pizza oven at Amazon.
Folks who want their pizza-making experience to be as easy and thoughtless as possible will want to consider the 29M-004 from Kratos. This countertop electric pizza oven is incredibly easy to use. The only setting is the timer, which goes up to 30 minutes. Beyond the timer, it’s automatically set to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and can cook a 12-inch pizza in 15 to 20 minutes—there aren’t any other temperature controls.
This electric pizza oven measures 8 inches tall by 20 inches wide by 16 inches deep, making it compact and convenient. Though the looks might not win over many interior decorators, the price tag might as it’s quite affordable compared to most other electric pizza ovens. And, it only weighs 12 pounds, which makes it extremely easy to move on and off counters.
- Pizza size: 12 inches
- Oven size: 8 inches tall by 20 inches wide by 16 inches deep
- Oven weight: 12 pounds
- Maximum temperature: 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Very easy to use—just plug it in and set the timer for up to 30 minutes
- Compact design and light weight make it easy to put on and take off counters
- A more affordable option than many other electric pizza ovens
- It probably won’t match with many kitchen decorating schemes
Get the Kratos electric pizza oven at Amazon, Hubert, or Central Restaurant Products.
Anyone looking for a simple, compact pizza maker that they can leave on their counter for late-night frozen pizzas or a quick snack will want to consider this model from Hamilton Beach. It measures just 7.13 inches tall by 13.38 inches wide by 15.88 inches deep, making it compact enough to live on a counter.
The 31700 12-inch pizza maker is a waffle-iron-type design, with a clamshell top that closes on top of the pizza, allowing it to cook faster than a regular oven. It includes an adjustable timer. The temperature knob doesn’t have actual degree settings, just the numbers one through five with five being the hottest, so the maximum temperature is unknown. Thanks to the nonstick cooking surface, it’s easy to clean.
- Pizza size: 12 inches
- Oven size: 7.13 inches tall by 13.38 inches wide by 15.88 inches deep
- Oven weight: 6.4 pounds
- Maximum temperature: Unknown
- Compact design allows it to sit on a countertop for frequent use
- Features adjustable timer and temperature knobs to control cooking intensity
- Nonstick cooking surface makes it very easy to clean once it cools
- Temperature is adjustable, but there aren’t any actual degree settings to go by
Get the Hamilton Beach electric pizza oven at The Home Depot or Walmart.
If the kids love getting involved in pizza night, the CuiZen PIZ-4012 pizza oven is sure to make them smile. This electric pizza oven is designed to mimic a pizza delivery box, with a lid that opens to accept frozen or homemade pizzas. It has a nonstick tray that spins between the top and bottom elements, ensuring the pizza cooks evenly.
This pizza oven features an internal maximum temperature of 525 degrees Fahrenheit, and it has a timer that can be set for up to 30 minutes. It can handle 12-inch pizzas, which may limit how many pizzas the kids can eat at once. It measures 4.75 inches tall by 13.4 inches wide by 16.75 inches deep and weighs around 8 pounds, so it’s relatively easy to store when it’s not in use.
- Pizza size: 12 inches
- Oven size: 4.75 inches tall by 13.4 inches wide by 16.75 inches deep
- Oven weight: 8 pounds
- Maximum temperature: 525 degrees Fahrenheit
- Design mimics a pizza box, making it a fun way for kids to prepare their pizzas
- Features a rotating tray and 2 heating elements to cook pizzas evenly
- Internal temperature reaches a maximum of 525 degrees Fahrenheit for faster cooking
- It might mimic a pizza box, but it can’t handle a full-size 16-inch pizza
Get the CuiZen electric pizza oven at Amazon or Walmart.
Whether it’s for a commercial kitchen or simply a large family that can’t wait for their pizzas, the Crosson commercial pizza oven may be the best choice. This model features top and bottom ovens, each with two heating elements that are individually adjustable for even cooking. It has a maximum temperature of 660 degrees Fahrenheit and two timers that can run for up to 60 minutes.
The Crosson measures 20.8 inches tall by 23 inches wide by 22.4 inches deep. While capacity is king here, that’s likely too bulky for standard countertops. Users will need an island or table to place it on. It’s also heavy, weighing around 80 pounds, so it’s not an on-and-off-the-counter type of pizza oven. But, it can cook two pizzas at the same time, making it a good choice for big families with the space for it.
- Pizza size: 16 inches
- Oven size: 20.8 inches tall by 23 inches wide by 22.4 inches deep
- Oven weight: 80 pounds
- Maximum temperature: 660 degrees Fahrenheit
- Features top and bottom ovens, each with 2 independently adjustable elements
- Maximum temperature setting of 660 degrees Fahrenheit helps it cook pizzas quickly
- Features dual 60-minute timers to ensure keeping track of each pizza isn’t a problem
- It requires a lot of space, and it’s likely too heavy to be put on the counter and removed over and over again
Get the Crosson electric pizza oven at Amazon.
What to Consider When Choosing an Electric Pizza Oven
There’s actually quite a bit that should go into choosing the best electric pizza oven. The oven has to meet your expectations, fit in the space you intend to use it, and more. The following are the most important considerations to keep in mind.
When choosing an electric pizza oven, it’s important to choose the right size. This isn’t just the size of the oven itself, but also the size of the pizza it can make.
Most electric pizza ovens can accommodate pizzas up to 12 or 13 inches in diameter, but some can handle 16-inch pies. When it comes to feeding a family, a 12-inch pie won’t go very far, so home pizza makers may need to plan to make two or more. Keep this in mind when choosing an electric oven.
Also, the oven has to fit where the user plans to place it during cooking time, and then it must fit where they plan to store it. Check each pizza oven’s size to ensure it’ll fit in its intended space.
Traditional pizza ovens need a temperature range that reaches north of 800 degrees Fahrenheit. This isn’t practical or safe for many electric pizza ovens. Generally speaking, the maximum temperature these ovens can reach is between 450 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
This isn’t a problem, though. While the pizza will take longer to cook (outdoor ovens can completely bake a pie in under 4 minutes), it will retain and concentrate the heat better than a standard kitchen oven, creating a considerably shorter cooking time. However, 450 degrees Fahrenheit is the bare minimum for making a great pizza.
Portability is a huge factor in choosing the best electric pizza oven. Unless the oven will live on the counter, it’s important that it be a portable pizza oven that’s easy to move. Large ovens can be difficult to store or lift, which limits where you can place them or store them. Small ovens might be portable, but they have smaller capacities and might not meet your needs.
Weight is also important when it comes to portability. An oven that is too heavy will become too inconvenient to move around, meaning the user will typically revert to making pizzas in their standard oven.
Some electric pizza ovens can double to cook other foods as well. These ovens can be turned down to lower, more controlled temperatures and used to bake bread, cook meats and vegetables, or even bake cakes, in some cases. If this is important to you, look for an electric pizza oven that can pull double duty.
Another helpful feature that some electric pizza makers have is a programmable timer. These timers allow you to put the pizza in the oven and go about cleaning the kitchen (pizza makes a mess!), and not have to worry about forgetting about your pizza.
A removable tray is especially convenient. The tray is usually built into the handle, and when the user removes it from the oven, they’ll also pull out the pizza. For ovens that don’t have removable trays, an included pizza peel can be a big help.
That’s a lot of information about the best electric pizza ovens. But, you still might have burning questions that need answering. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about electric pizza ovens.
Q. Which oven is best for pizza?
The best outdoor oven for pizza, in our opinion, is the Ooni Karu, which we reviewed and fell in love with. However, for cooking pizzas inside, we’re big fans of the Wisco Industries pizza oven.
Q. Why does pizza taste better in a pizza oven?
Pizza ovens cook at much higher temperatures than standard ovens. This helps the food retain its freshness during the cooking process.
Q. What size pizza oven should I get?
There are two main sizes: 12 inches and 16 inches. If you have a large family, a 16-inch pizza oven would be best. However, for convenience and space savings, 12-inch ovens are great.
Q. How do I clean my pizza oven?
Cleaning a pizza oven is actually quite easy. Many electric pizza ovens can simply be wiped clean. For more complicated pizza ovens, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. A common cleaning procedure is to allow the pizza stone to cool and brush out any debris. If there is anything stuck to the pizza stone, scrape it off. Then, vacuum the rest of the dust out of the oven. Heat up the oven again as part of the cleaning process. Once it’s cooled back down, vacuum the interior a second time and your oven is ready to go.
Why Trust Bob Vila
Bob Vila has been America’s Handyman since 1979. As the host of beloved and groundbreaking TV series including “This Old House” and “Bob Vila’s Home Again,” he popularized and became synonymous with “do-it-yourself” home improvement.
Over the course of his decades-long career, Bob Vila has helped millions of people build, renovate, repair, and live better each day—a tradition that continues today with expert yet accessible home advice. The Bob Vila team distills need-to-know information into project tutorials, maintenance guides, tool 101s, and more. These home and garden experts then thoroughly research, vet, and recommend products that support homeowners, renters, DIYers, and professionals in their to-do lists.