Why It Made the Cut: As one of the longest-running foreclosure listing services, Foreclosure.com offers one of the largest portfolios of foreclosed properties and an extensive variety of listing types.
Foreclosure.com features a comprehensive list of for-sale listings nationwide that encompasses homes that fall at various stages of foreclosure. These include government- and bank-owned properties as well as pre-foreclosure listings, allowing site users a sneak peek at these properties before they are officially marketed for sale.
Visitors will want to carefully evaluate the information in listings at the site because not all properties are foreclosures. For example, the site also includes additional listings from bankruptcies, rent-to-own properties, homes with tax liens, fixer uppers, and those sold in “as-is” conditions that aren’t necessarily foreclosures. However, the site is easy to search with the ability to sort homes by property type, price, and the number of bedrooms and bathrooms. Foreclosure.com does charge to use its service, but users can get a 7-day free trial to help judge whether the site is worth the financial commitment. Foreclosure.com’s weekly pricing structure is convenient in the fast-paced world of real estate, where a user might not need to pay for an entire month of service before they find the property they’re looking for.
- Types of foreclosure sale listings: Foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, bankruptcies, rent-to-own, tax liens, short sales, as-is deals, fixer upper, city-owned
- Search parameters: Property type, price, beds/baths
- Site tools and filters: Credit center, mortgage rate calculator
- Cost: $9.95 per week
- One of the largest online portfolios of foreclosure properties
- Extensive variety of sale listing types, including government- and bank-owned property
- Pre-foreclosure listings available to browse before official market listing
- Occasionally misleading listing-type information