Why It Made the Cut: LightStream checks a lot of boxes for tiny-home lenders, including a relatively low APR range, high loan limits, Rate Beat Program, autopay discount, and mobile app.
Not only does LightStream have a relatively low APR range for a personal loan, but the company’s Rate Beat Program promises to beat any competitor’s APR by 0.10 percentage points, so customers can feel confident they’ve gotten the best deal. LightStream’s autopay discount is particularly generous as well, lowering the borrower’s APR by 0.5 percentage points. In addition, LightStream’s higher loan limit gives borrowers the flexibility to finance more expensive tiny homes with additional amenities and luxuries.
LightStream provides an online rate calculator for customers to estimate their monthly payments, but the estimate will not be entirely accurate because it only considers two data points: the loan amount and the loan’s purpose. Therefore, the rates provided by the calculator may not reflect the actual rate that a borrower will be offered, so customers will want to contact LightStream to get a more tailored quote.
For added convenience, LightStream’s mobile app allows borrowers to check payment due dates, monitor remaining loan balances, schedule payments, and apply for other loans.
- Annual percentage rate: 5.73 percent to 20.49 percent
- Maximum loan amount: $100,000
- Funding time: 24 hours
- Loan terms: 24 to 84 months
- Other loan options: Auto, classic car, boat, RV
- Low 5.73 percent to 20.49 percent APR range
- High $100,000 loan limit
- Competitive interest rates via the Rate Beat Program
- Generous 0.5 percentage point autopay discount
- Convenient loan management via mobile app
- Somewhat imprecise rate calculator