9 Tools the Bob Vila Team Swears By for Spring Cleaning

From vacuums to squeegees, here are the spring cleaning products Bob Vila staffers give a seal of approval.

We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs. Learn More ›

Spring is in the air! If you’re planning on doing a major spring cleaning or reorganization in your home, chances are you’ll need the correct products and tools to help get you started. That’s why we asked the Bob Vila team to share their most loved spring cleaning products. From air purifiers and handheld vacuums to pressure washers and cleaning essentials, here are the BV-approved products that will help whip your home into shape this spring.

1. BlueAir 411i Max Air Purifier

Tools the Bob Vila Team Swears By for Spring Cleaning Option BlueAir 411i Max Air Purifier
Photo: amazon.com

“I live in an apartment with a nice amount of windows and natural light, which also means dust and NYC debris are frequent visitors. To help keep seasonal allergies at bay and make the air in my apartment look and feel a bit cleaner, I opted for the BlueAir 411i Max Air Purifier. Its sleek design blends in nicely in the corner of my bedroom while working its magic to eliminate dust and dander. It has several fan speeds and a convenient sleep mode that is so quiet, I forget it’s there! Since using it, my room is less dusty and now I can’t live without it!” — Perri Kressel, Senior Commerce Editor, Shopping & Deals

Get the BlueAir 411i Max Air Purifier at Amazon for $169

2. kHelfer Electric Spin Scrubber + Foam Scrubber and Scouring Pad

Tools the Bob Vila Team Swears By for Spring Cleaning Option kHelfer Electric Spin Scrubber + Foam Scrubber and Scouring Pad

“The kHelfer Electric Spin Scrubber has significantly improved my cleaning experience. It provides an efficient and cordless solution for removing grime from various surfaces. The scrubber has four detachable brushes suitable for different cleaning tasks and specialized attachments like foam and microfiber cleaning pads are available. The scrubber is ideal for cleaning bathroom tiles, outdoor furniture, and vehicles.”— Debbie Wolfe, Contributing Writer and Editor

Get the kHelfer Electric Spin Scrubber + Foam Scrubber and Scouring Pad at Amazon for $49.46

2. Rejuvenation Cabinet and Furniture Cleaner

Tools the Bob Vila Team Swears By for Spring Cleaning Option Rejuvenation Cabinet and Furniture Cleaner

“Cooking spills, kid fingerprints, and pet hair seem to stick to our kitchen cabinets like glue, and the crevices in the Shaker-style trim only make the cabinets harder to clean. After conceding that all-purpose cleaning sprays weren’t doing our wood cabinets any good, I happened upon Rejuvenation’s Cabinet and Furniture Cleaner. Bingo! It removes almost all of the grime on our cabinets and hardware and leaves a nice sheen to boot. It’s safe for use around pets and children, so I don’t feel bad about making kitchen cabinet cleaning one of the kids’ weekly chores.”— Daryna Tobey, Deputy Editor, Service & News

Get the Rejuvenation Cabinet and Furniture Cleaner for $7.98 at Amazon.

3. Shark WV201 Wandvac Handheld Vacuum

Tools the Bob Vila Team Swears By for Spring Cleaning Option Shark WV201 Wandvac Handheld Vacuum

“I’ve paid less for a full-size standing vacuum—that was my gut reaction when my wife showed me the handheld Shark Wandvac in our Amazon cart. However, this little handheld vacuum quickly made me eat those words (or rather, it sucked them right up), as it’s since become one of my favorite cleaning gadgets. Its lightweight, slender design reaches into all of the same crevices that my standing vacuum’s attachments can with none of the hassle, and it still packs the strong suction power I’ve come to expect from Shark vacuums despite its small size. And as a pet owner with at least a few cat hairs on virtually everything I own, I take great satisfaction in saying that my office chair and sectional haven’t been this fur-free since they came out of their respective boxes.” — Phillip Tinner, Editor, Service

Get the Shark WV201 Wandvac Handheld Vacuum at Amazon for $126.88

4. Westinghouse WPX3200 Pressure Washer

Tools the Bob Vila Team Swears By for Spring Cleaning Option Westinghouse WPX3200 Pressure Washer
Photo: homedepot.com

“Cleaning hard outdoor surfaces without causing damage takes just the right amount of water pressure. The Westinghouse WPX3200 is just right. I use it to safely clean the deck, driveway, vinyl siding, lawn equipment, and patio furniture. The upright hand truck configuration takes up less space in storage and easily rolls across the yard. After three years, the engine still starts on the first pull.” — Mark Wolfe, Commerce Writer

Get the Westinghouse WPX3200 Pressure Washer at The Home Depot for $329.

5. Tineco Floor ONE S5 Smart Cordless Wet Dry Vacuum

Tools the Bob Vila Team Swears By for Spring Cleaning Option Tineco Floor ONE S5 Smart Cordless Wet Dry Vacuum

“The Tineco Floor ONE S5 continues to be a favorite in my house The Tineco S5 is it self-propelled for easy use and the wet/dry function leaves my floors spotless. It’s so easy to use my teenage children even love cleaning their room floors with it.”— Stephanie Cronk Executive Editor, Product Reviews

Get the Tineco Floor ONE S5 Smart Cordless Wet Dry Vacuum at Amazon for $499.

6. Hoover SmartWash+ Automatic Carpet Cleaner Machine

Tools the Bob Vila Team Swears By for Spring Cleaning Option Hoover SmartWash+ Automatic Carpet Cleaner Machine

“Giving carpets and rugs a thorough clean is a relatively quick and simple way to freshen up a room. Eliminating any hidden dirt particles in those fibers really helps get rid of any musty odors, and if you add your favorite scented cleaning solution to the water tank, it leaves behind a fantastic fragrance that you’ll appreciate every time you enter the room. I use this Hoover model, especially on my dog’s favorite rug that she likes to roll around on. Should I be doing this more than once a year? Probably…”— Paul Rankin, Editor, Commerce

Buy the Hoover SmartWash+ Automatic Carpet Cleaner Machine at Amazon for $239.99.

7. Libman Clean and Shine Microfiber Cloth

Tools the Bob Vila Team Swears By for Spring Cleaning Option Libman Clean and Shine Microfiber Cloth

“Reusable and washable up to 20 times, these handy wipes have become a favorite of mine. I use them from washing down kitchen counters and cleaning windows wiping up spills and scrubbing the stove. They are a great alternative to disposable wipes. I’ve washed them multiple times and they are still as good as new.”— Stephanie Cronk, Executive Editor, Product Reviews

Buy the Libman Clean and Shine Microfiber Cloth at Amazon for $4.99.

8. GUTEWERK Shower Squeegee

Tools the Bob Vila Team Swears By for Spring Cleaning Option GUTEWERK Shower Squeegee

“My home has hard water, and removing soap scum buildup on my glass shower doors is a constant battle. The GUTEWERK Shower Squeegee has drastically reduced the amount of scrubbing needed to keep my shower doors clean. After each shower, I use the durable silicone tool to remove water from the glass before it has a chance to dry and leave stains. This 10-second addition to my daily routine is a welcome tradeoff for less deep cleaning in the long run, and the streamlined design looks nice in my bathroom.”— Jenny Stanley, Executive Editor, Service & News

Buy the GUTEWERK Shower Squeegee at Amazon for $18.99.

Perri Kressel Avatar

Perri Kressel

Senior Commerce Editor

Perri Kressel is a seasoned commerce editor and journalist with 6+ years of experience in the industry. She joined the Bob Vila team in November 2022 as a senior commerce editor, where she covers shopping and deals content.

WHY YOU CAN TRUST BOB VILA