Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


11:59AM | 11/12/99
Member Since: 11/11/99
2 lifetime posts
My husband works for a company that refurbishes doors and mantles, etc.We were watching an old Home Again where they took down the old bannister to make renovations and then replaced it. They used a tool to cut small pegs to fit into the holes left in the rails-- does anyone know what that tool is called and (more importantly) where to find it? My husband wants one for Xmas, and Home Depot, Sears and Harbor Freight don't have it.



Brian Wood

01:43PM | 11/12/99
Hi Scah: The tool is called a plug cutter & you can find them in specialty tool stores, or they will order them for you. I found a good deal on them in the MLCS tool catalog. Ph # 800 533 9298. The item # is 119, on page 35 & is only $14.95. Website is, or at 800 225 1153 or at 800 377 7297. That should keep you going for a while. Merry Christmas, Brian.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button