Tools and Materials You Can Use:
• High waterproof boots or hip waders
• Keep battery operated back up in case of power failure.
• Use Gas powered water pump or gas powered emergency electrical generator
• High powered flashlight (do not use open flame candles)
• Work gloves and rubber gloves
• Dust mask
• Pry bar and basic hand tools like a hammer, flat blade and Phillips screw drivers
• Pipe wrench or Channel-Lock pliers
• Make an emergency family plan
• Finally if have flood insurance policy, contact your insurance company.
Water damage to basement flooring and sub-flooring can be expensive. Water can cause very expensive damage to a building structure. Having a good foundation and drainage system will not only keep basements levels dry, but will also save power control.
Make sure you carry emergency contact numbers for your plumber or electrician in the event of receiving an alert. Check your insurance policy. If it only protects you from other damage, not flood damage, you must contact your insurance agent or FEMA for advice on how to add flood insurance.
For more info visit: