New construction, about to waterproof block walls for basement.
I want a Waterproof basement not dampproof.
I am planning on putting in two plastic drain pipes around base of walls with slits not holes and wrapping them with the filter fabric to keep silt out. I will be backfilling the entire area around the basement walls with gravel to help with the drainage.
I have some questions about sealing the blocks.
1. I would like to hear comments on the following products: Dry-lok, Radon Seal, Hydra Blok.
2. Is there a better product out there than the ones I mentioned above?
3. Should one of the above products be used with tar and plastic on top of it, or is it ok to use it alone.
4. How do the above sealers compare to just coating the wall with hydraulic cement, or should I coat with cement then use one of the sealers?
5. Most importantly it seems that everywhere you read on the net there is a different opinion about what sealers work and what sealers don't. Is there any objective reviews of the different methods of sealing a block wall.
It is very easy now to do whatever is necessary to keep the basement dry. I would like to do whatever is necessary to do this, cost is secondary to quality.
Thank You in advance for your help.
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries