Will close on a new home soon and here is what I may try to get done before moving in and I am not sure if there is a method to the madness of where to start. Any insight will be appreciated.
Here are the potential projects, listed in no particular order. Getting the order to do them is what I am asking for here, to start, and then any input on the jobs themselves. They don't ALL have to be done before move-in.
- painting of kitchen cabinets
- install new kitchen countertops
- potential extend kitchen by moving some walls
- replace kitchen appliances
- full interior painting
- install ductless AC in a few areas or full-on central AC (currently does not have, heat is oil)
- refinish wood floors
- transform attic into master suite with bathroom or alternatively add full bath to current master (no bath currently but close to pipes of another bath)
- update full bath #2
- change oil heat to gas, remove tank (in basement)
- change entrance/stairs to basement
- finish basement
There could be more but I suppose this is a pretty good list to start with. Any suggestions are welcome as far as the order in which to do these projects, the best way to save money doing these projects and any other tips, tricks, etc. Thanks!