Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


03:24PM | 12/17/02
Member Since: 12/16/02
1 lifetime posts
I have just steamed off wallpaper from unprimed drywall. The paper on the drywall is very rough (but no holes). There are just small tears in the drywall paper all over the drywall.What is the best way to smooth out the paper tears in the the drywall so I can paint ? Thanks !

[This message has been edited by Xtopherpaint (edited December 17, 2002).]


07:51AM | 12/18/02
Member Since: 09/17/02
524 lifetime posts
I would prime the drywall. When it dries sand all the lumps from the paper off. They should be hard enough knock down with sandpaper.
If you have dents from missing paper, use drywall mud to fill them first.


12:18AM | 12/20/02
Member Since: 07/28/02
1356 lifetime posts
There is a product made by the Zinsser Company called Gardz that will stick that loose drywall paper back down so that you can smooth out the wall with drywall mud and get a much better looking job. Then you will want to prime with a latex drywall primer and apply the finish paint but bear in mind anything with a sheen will show up any bad spots more than a flat finish will.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button