Latest Discussions : Plumbing


04:32PM | 03/01/06
Member Since: 02/28/06
1 lifetime posts
I live in a coop, who believes in rip out and replace....probaly because of either the lack of will or knowledge.

My shower faucet is about an inch too far from its plate, and it appears that water is leaking through this opening behind the wall. Is there anything that I can install to remedy this situation. An extension or an apron or something that would cover the opening?

The plumber they sent to my house told me to replace the whole shower assembly.

It is practically brand spanking new...Kholer K-8224-4 Taboret® Bath and Shower Faucet Trim. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

erik peterson

05:43AM | 03/02/06
Member Since: 06/23/03
223 lifetime posts
Call a reputable company on your own and mention the make and model. Be sure the plumber this company sends out knows how to work on decorative fixtures. I would guess that the person your building/management company sent to you was a "handy-man" with limited experience. In my opinion Kohler had its problems in the late 80s and into the mid 1990s but has resolved most of these issues and has regained the good reputation it previously had. erik

erik peterson

02:31PM | 03/02/06
Member Since: 06/23/03
223 lifetime posts
The Kohler company has had its problems and again in my opinion they have rectified most of these....Im right behind you with 35 years in the trade. As I mentioned before its important to get a plumber with the skills to work on decorative fixtures. Im assuming the toilets your speaking of are the one-piece models... the "rialto" in particular was a night-mare toilet. In my opinion the Kohler "well-worth" is the best water-saver for the money (100dllrs) erik

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button