Latest Discussions : HVAC


07:54AM | 08/09/04
Member Since: 02/13/03
90 lifetime posts
I have a new home and wanted to install a humidifier. I have done this before and the hardest part was getting the hole cut in the ducts. Is there a special cutter I can buy to cut the round holes in the return air and forced air plenum? I don't want to screw it up and have to call my HVAC man.

Neighbor who does plumbing appliance installation said to just buy the room type of humidifier, he rips out the furnace mounted ones all the time because they quit working properly. My last home had one I put in and lasted 3 years before it died.

Advice or comments welcome.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button