1) What's better ADS or PVC? (If you use ADS, how do you ensure that you have positive slope when its flexible tubing (i.e. one end could have positive slope but the other could have negative slope)?
2) If you use ADS what do you think of the "socks" that fit tightly around the tube? Are they effective in keeping silt out of the tube, or are you better off buying the filter fabric and wrapping both the gravel and the tube in the fabric?
3) I don't have a tremendous amount of slope in my yard and I'm worried that the pipe will be too close to the surface and may be crushed by foot traffic, what's the minimum depth for ADS, and do you have any strategies for increasing slope to the street?
4) ADS sells these devices to allow you to have the water come up through a riser rather than cutting through the curb, does anyone have any experience with these? It doesn't seem like they would work.
5) Lastly, I've read that when installing ADS you should place the perforations at the bottom of the drain channel. This seems counterintuitive to me. Can someone explain why this is so (not why its counterintuitive to me, but why the perforations are placed at the bottom of the drain channel.
I appologize if I'm covering old ground here, but I'm looking for specific guidance.