Latest Discussions : HVAC


06:43AM | 11/30/09
Member Since: 11/29/09
2 lifetime posts
I live in southern California in an area that really doesnt get very cold outside but our house always seems to be cold inside.

The house is about 20 years old. 2-story (upstairs seems colder than downstairs). New double pane windows. We get a constant breeze from the open canyon area behind us.

Who can I call to come out and evaluate what the problems are and offer solutions? A heating/air systems specialist? Insulation specialist?

And/or is there an instrument that I can use in the house to determine where the cold air is coming from?

I appreciate any advice....


09:51AM | 11/30/09
Member Since: 11/18/98
187 lifetime posts
They will do a home energy audit or suggest someone who can do it.

Many home inspectors will also do this. but the equipment is expensive (infrared camera) so not all.

They will tell you where your home is losing its heat.


04:03PM | 12/03/09
Member Since: 11/29/09
2 lifetime posts
Thanks for the replies!

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button