Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting

kjwk

07:02PM | 05/02/02
Member Since: 05/01/02
1 lifetime posts
when i touched the kitchen sink it shocked me so i installed a new garbage disposal. the sink is still shocking and we have grounded the wire.
the shocking sink

rpxlpx

05:22AM | 05/03/02
Member Since: 03/13/00
1674 lifetime posts
Is this a major SHOCK, or a little tingle? Is the sink metal or were you shocked when you touched the faucet/handle or ? What else did you touch at that moment? Is there a metal edge on your countertop? It could be many things besides the disposer.
More info is needed. Do some testing and see what is shocking you.
Since this is where you could be wet from the sink, it's potentially dangerous. If you're not comfortable checking further, get some help.


electricmanscott

04:02PM | 05/04/02
Member Since: 11/05/01
98 lifetime posts
I have come across this before. Call an electrician now. If the sink is juiced the toilet may be and the tub as well. This is possibly a very dangerous situation.

Mustang

04:25PM | 05/09/02
Member Since: 01/22/02
101 lifetime posts
Yes, since all your pipes are (or should be) grounded, you have a problem somewhere in your house, doesn't have to be the disposal, could be anything plugged in. You need help NOW!!!


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button

Anonymous

Post new button or Login button
Register