04:00PM | 01/01/09
Member Since: 12/31/08
2 lifetime posts
My ceilings appear to be drywall but the drywall boards are held together by something. It's not taped off or anything-it looks like the boards are fitted into this extra piece (sort of like a tongue in groove thing) and they go all the way across the ceilings in one direction. It looks really tachy. It reminds me of the ceilings in trailer homes where the stuff is just fitted together. I want to know what these are called and if I can take it out and tape the existing drywall off to give it a smooth appearance...not to mention how I might go about doing that.


12:25PM | 01/02/09
Member Since: 07/28/02
1356 lifetime posts
Why don't you just texture your ceiling to hide it.


04:46AM | 01/05/09
Member Since: 12/31/08
2 lifetime posts
I can't texture it b/c it comes out too far...there would be big "bumps" in the ceiling where these things are.
Click to reply button
Inspiration banner


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button

To test the boundaries of small-footprint living, interior designer Jessica Helgerson moved her family to a 540-square-foo... Filling an underutilized area beneath the stairs is a smart way to save space. Doing so with a stash of wood, however, is ... The Audubon Society inspired wallpaper in this Adirondack-styled mudroom will get you in the outdoor mood. Grab your coat ... Chalkboard paint opens up endless possibilities for customizing your dresser time and time again. Use chalk to label the c... A fireplace in the bathroom creates the ultimate setting for relaxation. Homeowners often choose electric or gas over wood... This roomy boot tray made from punched metal stands up to all the elements. Station it in your mudroom or at your back doo... There’s nothing like a new set of cabinet hardware to refresh a room. The possibilities are endless: Go modern, rustic, or... FLOR tiles are an affordable way to customize a carpeted floor covering for any space. Make anything from runners to wall-... Chalkboard paint features prominently in this elegant yet unpretentious headboard design. Add a new message daily to reflec... Salvaged boards in varying widths and colors make up the dramatic accent wall in this attic space. The high-gloss white of... The indecisive homeowner need not fret over choosing one (or even two) cabinet colors. The kitchen cabinets in this artist... Incorporate nature into your lighting scheme by securing a dead tree in a concrete mold and draping your pendant lamp from... Simple and striking, a couple of pieces of "lovingly used" furniture creates a special kind of charm. A weathered chair fo... First dress up your metal shelves with a coat of paint in an accent color that complements your kitchen decor. Then arrang... Dark wood shelving and a matching upholstered bench keep this closet sleek and refined. The large window brightens the sub...
Follow banner a
Newsletter icon Flipboard glossy Facebook Twitter Pinterest Youtube Rss icon