Latest Discussions : Flooring & Stairs


01:46AM | 07/25/03
Member Since: 07/24/03
2 lifetime posts

My mom wants to glue 'mirror tyle' to the counter, and needs to know what kind of glue to use. I've been reading around this site and read about what's called 'mastic'. Can we buy it at home depot and if so what's the specific brand name of this 'mastic'?

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!



05:31PM | 07/25/03
Member Since: 01/26/03
542 lifetime posts
i assume you mean "acrylpro" ceramic tile mastic,and yes home depot sells it.however i would take one of the tiles with you and make sure it's the correct adhesive.good luck


06:33PM | 07/25/03
Member Since: 07/24/03
80 lifetime posts
I have worked at both Home Depot and Lowe's and both have the mirror mastic you are talking about. It is designed not to interfere with the silver on the mirror like most liquid nails type adhesives.

You say your mom is looking to put this on her counter? That raises a few questions.

First off is of course the safety issue. If you drop something on a mirror countertop I would think you might run the risk of having sharp shards of glass flying everywhere.

Secondly, mirrors scratch easily and like marble are not recommended for countertops because the metal pots and pans have a tendency to scratch the heck out of marble in a short period of time.

Thirdly, your mom might want to check the local building code to see if putting mirrors which aren't made with saftey plate glass are a violation of the code.



10:16AM | 07/28/03
Member Since: 07/24/03
2 lifetime posts
Thanks, and I was mistaken.

She wants to put mirror tyle on a drywall wall. The room has glass everywhere, and she said mirror tyle under the crystal would look really nice.

Thanks for all your help!


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button